Admission to Master Courses
BIENNIO ACCADEMICO DI SECONDO LIVELLO
MASTER – 2nd HIGH EDUCATION CYCLE – 7th EQF LEVEL
HOW TO BECOME A STUDENT
If you want to become a student of ours, you'll have to take an admission test, after which a ranking list of eligible candidates will be drawn up.
Enrollment will follow the order of the ranking list, depending on availability for each Course.
Admission tests will take place from 1 to 19 September 2020.
ADMISSION REQUESTS FOR EU STUDENTS AND FOREIGN STUDENTS LIVING IN ITALY
Admission requests must be filed exclusively online between April 1st to July 18th 2020.
If you want to file your admission request please go to our STUDENTS WEB SERVICES PAGE.
ADMISSION FEES: enrolling the entrance examination requests a € 50 fee. MAV is automatically created during on-line filiong procedure.
ADMISSION REQUESTS FOR EXTRA-EU STUDENTS
Foreign students NOT LIVING in Italy need to refer to the Italian Embassy or Consular office for enrolling procedures.
For more info please visit:
Admission is articulated in a main subject audition (materia caratterizzante), an Italian language test (for foreign students only) and up to four Fundamental subjects tests. Depending on the outcome of the main subject test, a ranking list of eligible candidates will be drawn up. Enrollment will follow the order of the ranking list, depending on availability for each Course.
Non-eligible candidates can neither access to the subsequent tests, nor be declared eligible even in the presence of vacancies.
Italian language and Fundamental subjects tests do not modify main subject audition results and the corresponding ranking list, but may require one of the following options:
a) enrollment as a regular student with contemporary attendance of remerdial course(s)
b) enrollment as Corso singolo con debiti - Single subject with contemporary attendance of remedial course(s) - see below.
Entrance exam for a.y. 2020/2021 will take place ONLINE in Semptember 2020 as follows:
1) by Thursday, August 20 2020 (or at least 10 days before the Main subject audition) candidates need to send audio/video recordings with all the program relating to the Main subject (see below) at: firstname.lastname@example.org using a file tranfer system (such as WeTransfer® or similar) specifying surname/name, admission to... , composer/title for each piece.
Audio recordings (with no video) are not allowed. Edited recordings are not allowed. Videoshots must be taken by means of a single camera clearly showing face and hands of the candidate.
2) September 1 to 10: Main subject audition (see below); entrance commissions will gather to examine audio/video recordings. Candidates will receive via email an invitation to an online meeting in case of admission programs with live tests or for a talk.
3) September 14 to 19: Fundamental subjects exams (see below) will take place by online meetings; candidates will receive via email invitations to individual meetings (one for each of the Fundamental subjects).
4) September 14 to 19: Italian language test (foreign students only) both written and oral will take place by online meetings; candidates will receive via email invitations to individual meetings.
MAIN SUBJECT AUDITIONS
Entrance examinations and auditions for the main subject will take place from 2 to 10 September 2019. The audition program is available at the Course web page.
Candidates who successfully pass their main subject examinations and auditions are also required to take entrance exams in four fundamental subjects: Sight Reading and Ear Training, Harmony and Analysis, Music History, and Piano Practice. Basic subjects entry exams will take place from Monday, September 14th to Saturday, September 19th 2020.
Fundamental subjects entrance exams requirements, as well as info regarding transfers from other institutions, acknowledgements, academic debts, etc. are available here: Materie di base bienni.
Foreign candidates who successfully pass their main subjects examinations and auditions are required to take an Italian Language test, both written and oral which will take place between Monday, September 14th to Saturday, September 19th 2020. It is mandatory to take both. All other certifications are not taken into account.
ENROLLMENT WITH REMEDIAL COURSE(S)
Eligible candidates with minor debts in Fundamental subjects can enroll as regular students (depending on availability for each Course) and will have to attend one or more remedial courses in order to fill formative gaps by the end of the first academic year (i.e. winter session of next a.y., Feb/Mar 2022 for studentes enrolled in a.y. 2020/2021), otherwise they will be dismissed.
ENROLLMENT AS CORSO SINGOLO CON DEBITI (SINGLE SUBJECT WITH REMEDIAL COURSES)
If formation gaps related to Italian language and Fundamental subjects are so wide to compromise the academic curriculum, the student is given the opportunity to enroll as Single subject with remedial courses. An examination board appointed by the Director will take into account the results for each student.
Students with severe linguistic debt and Fundament subjects debt will attend:
- Italian language remedial course (annual course, compulsory attendance)
- Main subject
- Eartraining and/or Piano practice remedial course(s) (if needed)
If History of music and/or harmony remedial courses are needed, the student may access them only starting on the next a.y. after filling the Italian language gap.
Students with severe debts other than Language will attend:
- Italian language strenghtening course (annual course, compulsory attendance)
- Main subject
- One or more Remedial courses according to the exam's result.
Students enrolled as Single subject with remerdial courses must fill formative gaps by the end of the first ACTUAL academic year (i.e. Feb/Mar 2023 for studentes enrolled in a.y. 2020/2021 as Single subject with remerdial courses and 2021/22 as first ACTUAL academic year), otherwise they will be dismissed.