Admission to Master Courses
BIENNIO ACCADEMICO DI SECONDO LIVELLO
MASTER – 2nd HIGH EDUCATION CYCLE – 7th EQF LEVEL
HOW TO BECOME A STUDENT
If you want to become a student of ours, you'll have to take an admission test, after which a single integrated ranking both for academic courses and preparatory, of eligible candidates will be drawn up.
Enrollment will follow the order of the ranking list, depending on availability for each Course.
Admission tests will take place from 1 to 19 September 2020.
ADMISSION REQUESTS FOR EU STUDENTS AND FOREIGN STUDENTS LIVING IN ITALY
Admission requests must be filed exclusively online between April 1st to July 18th 2020.
If you want to file your admission request please go to our STUDENTS WEB SERVICES PAGE.
ADMISSION FEES: enrolling the entrance examination requests a € 50 fee. MAV is automatically created during on-line filing procedure.
ADMISSION REQUESTS FOR EXTRA-EU STUDENTS
Foreign students NOT LIVING in Italy need to refer to the Italian Embassy or Consular office for enrolling procedures.
For more info please visit:
Admission is articulated in a main subject audition (materia caratterizzante), an Italian language test (for foreign students only) and up to four Fundamental subjects tests. Depending on the outcome of the main subject test, a single integrated ranking list of eligible candidates for academic and preparatory courses will be drawn up. Enrollment will follow the order of the ranking list, depending on availability for each Course.
Non-eligible candidates can neither access to the subsequent tests, nor be declared eligible even in the presence of vacancies.
Italian language and Fundamental subjects tests do not modify main subject audition results and the corresponding ranking list, but may require one of the following options:
a) enrollment as a regular student with contemporary attendance of remedial course(s)
b) enrollment as Corso singolo con debiti - Single subject with contemporary attendance of remedial course(s) - see below.
Entrance exam for a.y. 2020/2021 will take place ONLINE in September 2020 as follows:
1) by Thursday, August 20 2020 (or at least 10 days before the Main subject audition) candidates need to send audio/video recordings with all the program relating to the Main subject (see below) at: email@example.com using a file tranfer system (such as WeTransfer® or similar) or, alternatively, sharing a link on a video platform (e.g. YouTube® or similar) - in this case the video must be available at least until September 30th), specifying surname/name, admission to... , composer/title for each piece.
Audio recordings (with no video) are not allowed. Edited recordings are not allowed. Videoshots must be taken by means of a single camera clearly showing face and hands of the candidate.
2) September 1 to 10: Main subject audition (see below); entrance commissions will gather to examine audio/video recordings. Candidates will receive via email an invitation to an online meeting in case of admission programs with live tests or for a talk.
3) September 14 to 19: Fundamental subjects exams (see below) will take place by online meetings; candidates will receive via email invitations to individual meetings (one for each of the Fundamental subjects).
4) September 14 to 19: Italian language test (foreign students only) both written and oral will take place by online meetings; candidates will receive via email invitations to individual meetings.
MAIN SUBJECT AUDITIONS
Entrance examinations and auditions for the main subject will take place from 2 to 10 September 2019. The audition program is available at the Course web page.
Candidates who successfully pass their main subject examinations and auditions are also required to take entrance exams in four fundamental subjects: Sight Reading and Ear Training, Harmony and Analysis, Music History, and Piano Practice. Basic subjects entry exams will take place from Monday, September 14th to Saturday, September 19th 2020.
Fundamental subjects entrance exams requirements, as well as info regarding transfers from other institutions, acknowledgements, academic debts, etc. are available here: Materie di base bienni.
Foreign candidates who successfully pass their main subjects examinations and auditions are required to take an Italian Language test, both written and oral which will take place between Monday, September 14th to Saturday, September 19th 2020. It is mandatory to take both. All other certifications are not taken into account.
ENROLLMENT WITH REMEDIAL COURSE(S)
Eligible candidates with minor debts in Fundamental subjects can enroll as regular students (depending on availability for each Course) and will have to attend one or more remedial courses in order to fill formative gaps by the end of the first academic year (i.e. winter session of next a.y., Feb/Mar 2022 for students enrolled in a.y. 2020/2021), otherwise they will be dismissed.
ENROLLMENT AS CORSO SINGOLO CON DEBITI (SINGLE SUBJECT WITH REMEDIAL COURSES)
If formation gaps related to Italian language and Fundamental subjects are so wide to compromise the academic curriculum, the student is given the opportunity to enroll as Single subject with remedial courses. An examination board appointed by the Director will take into account the results for each student.
Students with severe linguistic debt and Fundament subjects debt will attend:
- Italian language remedial course (annual course, compulsory attendance)
- Main subject
- Eartraining and/or Piano practice remedial course(s) (if needed)
If History of music and/or harmony remedial courses are needed, the student may access them only starting on the next a.y. after filling the Italian language gap.
Students with severe debts other than Language will attend:
- Italian language strenghtening course (annual course, compulsory attendance)
- Main subject
- One or more Remedial courses according to the exam's result.
Students enrolled as Single subject with remedial courses must fill formative gaps by the end of the first ACTUAL academic year (i.e. Feb/Mar 2023 for students enrolled in a.y. 2020/2021 as Single subject with remedial courses and 2021/22 as first ACTUAL academic year), otherwise they will be dismissed.
As per the aforementioned legislation, the collection of personal information shall comply with the principles of fairness, lawfulness and transparency. By means of a specific information document, you shall be provided with useful information concerning the methods and the purposes of the data processing, besides the measures to be implemented in order to ensure the security of the aforementioned data. Whenever it is deemed necessary, your consent to the processing of your personal data shall be collected.
CONSERVATORIO DI MUSICA "ARRIGO BOITO", having its registered office in Parma, Italy, Via Conservatorio, 27/A, shall be the Data Controller.